Fat dissolving injection is a new and innovative procedure for fat reduction. As compared to the traditional way of fat reduction, this is a gentler form that does not disrupt the body’s function. Nowadays, a lot of people are struggling with their body weight and are doing everything they can to look fit. Exercise and proper diet are always solutions.
However, some parts of the body cannot be remedied, no matter how much you exercise or have a strict diet. Some people want instant results so that they can forgo exercising, especially if it is only one or two body parts that need fixing. In this case, fat dissolving injection may be a good alternative, and you do not need to sweat it out to achieve your aesthetic goal.
What is Fat Dissolving Injection?
Fat dissolving injections, sometimes known as injection lipolysis, is a treatment that breaks down adipocytes (fat cells) through the use of an injectable and is a non-surgical alternative to fat reduction. The main ingredient of these injections is a substance called deoxycholic acid, which is a natural substance found in the body that helps digest fats. Kybella is currently the only form of fat dissolving injection that is approved by the FDA. It was originally meant for the reduction of submental fats or fats under the chin, also known as a double chin, but is now also used for other body parts.
Benefits of Fat Dissolving Injection
Other than being a gentle and non-invasive procedure as compared to surgical lipolysis, fat dissolving injection treatments have several other benefits. Some of the benefits include:
· Efficacy in reducing or eliminating fats, especially in the submental area
· Improved psychological and physical confidence because of the enhancement in the appearance
· No downtime and long recovery required
· Natural-looking results
· Long-lasting results (with proper weight maintenance)
· No incisions and scars
· Minimal side effects
Fat Dissolving Injection Procedure
The procedure for a fat dissolving injection treatment only takes 20 minutes to an hour the most depending on the amount of fat being eliminated and how many body parts are being treated. This is supposed to be performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon who has enough and experience on fat reduction using injectable.
For optimum results, this procedure should be done for two to five times with an interval of four to six weeks, or eight weeks the most. The following are the steps during a fat dissolving injection treatment:
1. Before the start of the procedure, the patient will sign a consent form, and he or she will be photographed for documentation purposes.
2. They then draw a border in the area to be treated. Once they have created the outline, they mark injection points at a distance of 1 cm apart from each other, making a grid-like guide.
3. Usually, anesthesia is not needed during the procedure since the injection does not produce too much discomfort. However, if the patient is sensitive to the feeling of a needle’s prick, then topical anesthesia may be used.
4. Before the doctor injects the treatment site, they make sure that it has been disinfected. Using the grid, they start injecting the site. The usual amount injected for every session is 3-5 mL of deoxycholic acid, and that is divided into several pricks. For every prick, a dosage of 0.2-0.3 mL is administered, totaling to 30-50 mg of deoxycholic acid for every session.
5. When injecting the deoxycholic acid, it is highly advised that the area should be pinched using the non-dominant hand to make sure that they are injecting the right site. For every prick of the injection, the doctor makes sure that it is inserted between 6-10 mm deep because the fats are located deep in the dermis.
6. Once they have finished injecting the treatment area with enough dosage, they apply topical antibiotics to make sure that the freshly pricked area will not be infected when the patient leaves the clinic.
Fat Dissolving Injection Recovery
One of the best things about fat dissolving injections, which is particularly beneficial for people who cannot afford to pause from work and daily activities, is that it does not have a downtime. Although it is normal to experience redness, swelling, and pain on the site of the treatment.
There is also a possibility that the treated area may feel hard, but it is nothing to worry about since it will soften over time. It takes around 6 to 8 weeks to see the results since the swelling and bruising subsides during this duration.
Fat Dissolving Injection Before and After
With proper weight maintenance, the outcome of fat dissolving injections is known to be long-lasting. It may take a few weeks to see the results because of swelling, but when it sets, the treated area looks natural and even matches the results of surgical lipolysis.
This treatment initially had been made for submental fat, but can now be used for other body parts. As seen on the before and after pictures, the patients were able to achieve their goal through fat dissolving injections. Not only does the treatment improve the contours of the face, but also the body. Most women are also satisfied with improvements in the bra roll.
Overall, fat dissolving injections helps in achieving your goal for both your face and body through non-invasive treatment. This treatment is the complete beauty package for someone aspiring to get rid of that excess fat instantly and those that diet nor exercise could ever fix.
Not only does this treatment give you good lasting results, but it is also proven to be safe since deoxycholic acid is FDA approved. As compared to the conventional liposuction, fat dissolving injections do not require downtime or a long recovery, and only takes less than an hour for the procedure.
If you think this treatment is for you, you may contact Amoa Clinic for a free consultation. We will also make sure that you acquire the benefits of this procedure with the help of our board-certified plastic surgeons. We guarantee you that we will provide the best service for you to be able to achieve the face and body you have always desired.
How long do fat dissolving injections last?
The effects of fat dissolving injections are long-lasting as long as you maintain a stable and healthy weight. Since the injection kills fat cells, the result can be considered as permanent as long as you maintain a stable weight because gaining weight means adding fat cells, which can bring back the appearance of the area before the administration of fat dissolving injections. When this happens, you may need to have another round of fat dissolving injection that requires two to four sessions spaced at six to eight weeks, which is the standard time for swelling to heal.
How effective are fat dissolving injections?
Fat-dissolving injections are sufficient to get rid of excess fats in the face and body. The results in one study showed that the injections had a higher efficacy on the face, especially in the malar mandibular and submental regions. Good results are also seen in the area of the bra roll and arms as compared to the thighs and flanks.
Do fat dissolving injections work on the stomach?
Yes, fat dissolving injection brands like Kybella work well in the stomach area as well as other parts of the body like the chin, arms, thighs, and back. However, the results are more commendable when done on the face area.